Cleaning Products and your Health
While plain soap is a safe product that breaks down quickly and does not build up in the body, the same is not true of detergents. Most, if not all of them, contain a number of chemicals that take ten years or more to break down. Many, if not all of them, also contain poisons that accumulate in the liver and elsewhere in the body.
“All-natural” and “plain and fragrance-free” cleaners and detergents are often just as toxic than the standard detergents sold in supermarkets.
This serious environmental problem is not well known. This article will serve as an introduction.
WHAT IS IN DETERGENTS?
Chemicals that are problematic include surfactants, stabilizers, foaming agents, fragrances, phosphates, and others. They include coconut products that are naturally derived substances. However, they are altered to produce the common surfactants that are found in all detergents. This is when they become toxic chemicals.
These chemicals build up in the soil and in water supplies. From there they find their way onto our crops and into the entire food supply. They also contaminate all the oceans of the earth today, and therefore affect all marine life on the planet.
Powders are better than liquids. Powders are generally less toxic than liquids.
Also, try to avoid fragrances. Some are okay and others are not.
Among the least harmful products are:
– Grandpa’s Pine Tar Soap is an excellent bar soap.
– Bon Ami is a scouring powder that works well for dishes and even laundry.
– Arm & Hammer powdered laundry detergent is better than most others. It is also inexpensive and widely available in supermarkets throughout the world.
– Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds Biodegradable Cleaner.
– Soap nuts for the laundry. We would like to know if these work well.
– There are other less toxic products that are A-rated by the Environmental Working Group. For details, go to EWG Product Ratings.
Stay away from Calben brand products that advertise they are natural, but in our opinion something is not right about them.
To compound the detergent toxicity problem, some chemicals are not all listed on detergent labels. For this reason, consumers have no way to know about them.
The only way to know about them is to read reports by groups such as the Environmental Working Group, which tests and ranks detergents for toxicity.
The following is extracted from several articles on the internet:
Baking Soda and White Vinegar — Two Powerful Multiuse Cleaning Agents
Today’s common lifestyle is debilitating to ones health not just at the physical body level, but it can seriously hinder the spiritual evolution process. On this page I hope to guide you through some simple life style changes that I have found to help me and clients I work with while progressing on the nutritional development program.
Steps to help evolve your physical and spiritual environment:
- Have only what you need: this is a hard one in today’s society with constant bombardment of materialism and consumerism gone rapid. To show how this is true you can look at the happiness and contentment level of societies that do not participate in extensive consumerism. For myself this was the best change.
- Spend time in nature: connecting with the simplicity of nature can teach you about yourself and the connection we have with each other and the earth. This can be very comforting.
- Don’t give your energy away: Only focus on positive things happening in the world and in your life. The more one focuses on positive things and love the more one can attract this in their life and ora.
- Have Desires and Goals: So many wake up everyday and do the same thing without true desire for it. Write down goals or dreams that you would like to achieve, no matter how unattainable they may seem at this moment give these dreams and goals your energy of thought and see what happens.
- Learn to be Empathetic: having the skill to feel and know what someone else is going through can help us all to understand each on a loving level. Try not to judge based on your perspective of the situations but look at situations as if you’re a bystander. Most people don’t have intentions of hurting one another.
Most have heard about emfs, but ignore or dismiss the health concerns associated with emfs. Many do not even realize they are being effected by emfs.
What are EMF’s: They are radio and microwave frequencies that are electromagnetic stress that is the subtle effects of stray or chaotic and magnetic fields on the human body. It is an important cause of stress today for almost everyone. How ever some individuals are extremely sensitive to emfs and are unable to detect the source of their ill-health or malady.
Symptoms of EMF’s include:
- brain fog
- muscle spasms and tension
- panic attacks
- and other ill-health effects with some serious and unusual reactions without explanations
Sources of EMF’s
- all portable and cell phones
- cell phone towers
- all computers
- smart meters (these are meters to read utility use place on homes from utility companies)
- navigation systems
- new cars
- radio and tv transmission towers
While emfs are prevalent in North America and Europe, there are step to take to help limit exposure. Steps include:
- living in rural areas away from cell phone and electric towers
- removing smart electrical meters from the home
- living in detached residences rather than an apartment
- do not travel to much by air travel. Airplanes have many radar, radio, microwave and engine related emfs. In addition to the x-ray machines during check in.
- remove all cell phone, tv, and computers from the bedroom
- use a red inferred heat lamp. they can purify certain frequencies
- use grounding pads for you bed and office
- go to bed early and stay well nourished
- follow a nutritional development program. Remineralizing the body and removing toxic metals can help reduce the effects on the body as toxic metals can attract more harmful frequencies.
- try shielding devices that divert emfs
If you are sensitive to emfs, try these techniques to relieve some effects. Hopefully this problem of emf bombardment will resolve soon as new advances become available to the public. More info on this topic at Dr. Wilson’s site,
Legal Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a licensed medical professional. I do not diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness or health issue. The information or advice provided here should not be construed as medical advice. If you chose to use any of the natural remedies or advice discussed here, you will be taking responsibility for your own health and wellness. The statements and information on this website have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.