Breathing properly can make a difference between good health and bad health.
BENEFITS OF THESE METHODS OF BREATHING
These are actually hundreds of benefits. Here are some of the main ones:
- Deep massage of all the organs of the body.
- Greatly increased oxygenation and circulation of the blood.
- Relaxation of the sympathetic nervous system, which is partly controlled automatically but also able to be controlled through the breath.
- Movement of energy through the body.
- Centering and grounding.
- A positive and delightful way to tune into yourself.
- Expands your lung capacity and will often clear mucus and other nasal and bronchial obstructions.
- Warms the body in a gentle, safe way.
- Releases tension all over the body, particularly in the spine, and abdomen.
- Reduces the buildup of carbon dioxide in the body,a nd helps eliminate other toxins as well.
How do you breath properly?
THE THREE-PART BREATH is the simplest way to achieve a proper breathing technique.
The three-part breath consists of:
- Breathe into your abdomen.As you do this, your abdomen (the belly button area) should move outward.
- Then breathe into your mid-chest.As you do this, your ribs should move outward to the sides, making your chest area wider.
- Finally, breathe into your upper chest.As you do this, the upper chest area should rise a little bit, all the way up to the collarbones.
When you exhale, you may do it in the same order, beginning with pushing your abdomen inward, followed by making your chest more narrow, and finally by releasing the air in your upper chest so the chest falls a little.
Learn to do this to the count of 10 or 12. Keep doing it until you develop a slow, deep, gentle routine. Practice every day while you lie in bed, or are sitting quietly, or even walking slowly on a quiet street. Over time, it will become your new habit, and a very healthful one.
Using deep breathing techniques should not be complicated and should become second nature to improving you health.